AN UPDATE FROM BUNAKEN OASIS DIVE RESORT & SPA
AN UPDATE FROM BUNAKEN OASIS DIVE RESORT & SPA
To make things a little easier for you, all new bookings for 2022 will be offered the chance to either move dates (more than once availability permitting), or get a full refund should you be able to travel, with a required deposit of only 10%.
We want you to feel confident that you can book your dream diving trip with complete peace of mind.
Bunaken Oasis has reopened its doors exclusively for the domestic market. We have limited availability in 2022. To snap up one of our special offers including deals for solo travellers, couples, and families get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org
As the hospitality industry starts to take the first cautious steps towards reopening, it is understandable that clients will have a degree of concern about the specific measures which a leisure operator will be applying to ensure the safety of both guests and staff.
The purpose of this message is to set out the protocols we have introduced at Bunaken Oasis Dive Resort and Spa to minimise the risk from COVID-19. These have been developed from studying the best practice methods and procedures which appear to have had the greatest success in halting and reducing the spread of the virus. The following list of protocols is up to date at the time of publishing, although we will not hesitate to introduce new mitigation practices as they emerge.
All employees are receiving ongoing briefings and enhanced operating protocols. Their health, safety, and knowledge are essential to an effective cleaning program. Here are some ways we’re implementing measures to help prevent COVID-19 outbreaks:
- Hand hygiene: Proper and frequent handwashing is vital to help combat the spread of viruses. In our daily meetings, our teams are reminded that cleanliness starts with this simple act. It’s critically important for their health and that of our guests.
- Ongoing training: In addition to training on housekeeping and hygiene protocols, resort staff are also completing enhanced COVID-19 awareness training.
- Guest cottages: We use cleaning and disinfecting protocols to clean rooms after guests depart and before the next guest arrives, with particular attention paid to high-touch items such as light switches, coffee machines, water cooler, door handles, room keys etc. All cottages will be deep cleaned prior to new guests arriving. This will include changing all mattress and pillow protectors, as well as replacing the bed curtains.
- Public spaces: We have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in public spaces, with a focus on the counter at the front desk, door handles, public bathrooms, and chairs and tables in the long house, restaurant and bar.
- Dive centre: We implement industry standards for cleaning and disinfecting dive gear and equipment, and follow prevention recommendations from the Divers Alert Network (DAN)
- Back of house: In the spaces where associates work behind the scenes, we are increasing the frequency of cleaning and focusing on high-touch areas such as staff entrances, offices, laundry rooms, and equipment and storage rooms.
- Body temperature: All employees will be checked upon arrival at the resort. For the safety of all, anyone who registers a temperature above 37.5 C will be sent home, and they will not be permitted to enter the premises until they are full recovered and their temperature has returned to normal. All arriving guests will be temperature-checked at the harbour before embarking on our boat to the resort. Anyone having a reading above 37.5 C will be transferred immediately to medical services
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT WHEN YOU STAY WITH US
- Social distancing: Maintaining social distancing on the resort is easy: Our resort layout comprises multiple access points and private cottages. We have a large restaurant which allows guests to easily maintain safe distances between each other, while also increasing the exclusivity of their dining experience. Our multi-level bar has several discrete areas where couples or families can relax under the stars.
- Spacious dive boats: With our spacious dive centre and small groups on our dedicated dive boats (with maximums of four guests on our 14-metre boats, and six guests on our 16-metre boats), social distancing protocols can be followed comfortably. However, should larger groups of family or friends travelling together wish to exceed those maximums, this can be arranged on the resort.
- Complimentary masks and hand sanitiser: Masks and hand sanitiser are provided upon arrival: We provide hand sanitisers in each cottage and face masks upon arrival for guests to use. Masks are also provided for employees to further increase kitchen and operational safety.